Let’s chat briefly about The Gospel of Jesus!
In this brief post are a few thoughts about how I see The Gospel of Jesus! I believe that The Gospel is in fact Jesus! I see Christ crucified for me personally. I see my Savior in the light that God loved me so much that Jesus gave Himself for me personally! It was all for me. I hope you see Jesus as The Savior who died for you personally too!
The Gospel is The Power of God for Salvation!
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” Romans 1:16-17.
The Power of God is His Creative Power!
“Because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse”. Romans 1:19-20.
Next, Christ is The Power of God.
“but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God”. 1 Corinthians 1:22-25.
But Salvation comes through the cross; therefore The Cross of Christ is The Power of God.
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God”. 1 Corinthians 1:18.
The Apostle Paul talks about a mystery. He calls it “The Mystery of The Gospel”. And he says that the mystery has been revealed. Ephesians 6:19, 3:3,9-12
The mystery revealed is really great news for all of us. Here it is in plain language:
“the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: whichis Christ in you, the hope of glory”. Colossians 1:26-27.
So we can be fully assured that The Gospel is Christ dwelling inside us! Colossians 1:27.
In other words The Gospel is Christ “in us”! The preaching of The Gospel is the making known to others of the possibility of Christ dwelling in them!
What a fabulous thought that creation and redemption are the same power!! And that Christ will literally dwell inside us!Truly this is a mystery. But a mystery revealed! And It’s true because I completely trust the Word of God! Period! Ephesians 6:19, Ephesians 3:1-10.
Let me briefly sum up what has been said:
1. The Gospel is The Power of God unto Salvation. Salvation is only by The Power of God, and wherever The Power of God is, there is Salvation.
2. Christ is The Power of God.
3. But Christ’s Salvation comes through the cross; therefore the cross of Christ is The Power of God.
4. So the preaching of Christ and Him crucified is the preaching of The Gospel.
5. The Power of God is the power that creates all things. Therefore the preaching of Christ and Him crucified, as The Power of God, is the preaching of the creative power of of God put forth for the Salvation of you and me!! Praise God!!
6. This is so, because Christ is the Creator of all things. Colossians 1: 16-17.
7. The mystery of The Gospel is God manifest in human flesh through the Person of Jesus Christ! So Christ dwelling inside me by faith is all of the fullness of God inside me!! Hallelujah Praise The Lord!
8. This means nothing less than the creative energy in God working in me through Jesus Christ, for my Salvation. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
It’s all about Jesus and He wants you to be with Him Always!!
The preaching of the everlasting Gospel is the preaching of Christ the creative power of God, through whom alone salvation can come. And the power by which Christ saves men from sin in the power by which He created the worlds. We have redemption through His blood; the preaching of the cross is the preaching of the power of God; and the power of God is the power that creates; therefore the cross of Christ has in it creative power. Surely that is power enough for anybody. No wonder that the apostle exclaimed, “But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ”. Galatians. 6:14.
So what must I do to have assurance of Salvation?
In other words,you have complete assurance of Salvation when you trust Jesus with your life! And that’s it! 1 John 5:11-13.
Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31.
I hope you enjoyed a bit of Spring from Dallas, TX!
4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us… Titus 3:3-8.
Until next time may we allow God’s great love and kindness to save us!!Tags: Apostle Paul, Christ, Epistle to the Ephesians, Everlasting Love, Faith, First Epistle to the Corinthians, Forgiveness, God, Jesus, Jesus Christ, Jesus is about to come, Love another, Love one, Salvation, Second Coming of Jesus