Stages of Reconciliation/Healing/Atonement
1. All of us have been infected by the virus of sin. Romans 3:23
2. In Christ we become a new creation. 2Corinthians5:14-17,Ephesians 1:3-13
3. It must be that as in Leviticus 16 & 23, there is a process to healing.
4. Christ’s one and only sacrificial death Hebrews 9:26, 28, has made complete provision to all who accept Him and have faith in Jesus. Romans 3:26. We will all be judged by how we treat others. Matthew 25:31-46.
Continuation of Relational Healing
5. Ongoing reconciliation/healing is a gift from God through Jesus Christ. 2Corinthians 5:17-19. Hebrews 9:12-15. James 1:17-18
6. Therefore relational healing is to be fostered not taken for granted Colossians 1:19-23. We are not once saved always saved!!
7. After all God can ONLY Justify those who have faith in Jesus Romans 3:26.
8. Would God be just if He were to justify those who do not have faith in Jesus? Romans 3:26.
What Christ Does In and for Us!!
9. He did for us what the law could not do. He lives inside us in order to fulfill the righteous requirement of the law in us. Romans 8:3-4.
10. He became our righteousness. “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD”. 1 Corinthians 1:30-31.
11. He has covered me with the garments of salvation. Isaiah 61:10. In fact, He has invited me to the Marriage Supper of The Lamb. Revelation 19:7-9, 13-14.
God’s Great Love Reconciles Us to Him!
12. Explain: God is love 1John 4:8. Why does God love me?
13. Nothing will ever separate us from God’s Love. Romans 8:35-39.
14. God is passionate about me!! I will allure her. Hosea 2:14-16, 19-23.
15. My heart churns within me Hosea 11:1-8. See Hosea 14:1, 4-5.
16. Why does God love me? You are mine Isaiah 43:1-5, 25.
17.. Has God forgotten me? I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Isaiah 49:14-16.
God wants to bring real healing to all making us like Him!!
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10.