1. “For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord”. Luke 2:11. What is the central concept of this Scripture? I have no need to save myself.
2. I have assurance of Salvation when I trust Jesus with my life. That’s it!!
3. When I trust Jesus He will heal and restore me. My assurance is in Jesus and not myself.
4. It is in this trust relationship I find assurance of my salvation. John 17:3.
5. Abraham is a great example of trusting God. And he believed in the Lord and He accounted it to him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6. And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. Romans 4:21.
6. Only those who experience the renewing, indwelling Spirit experience transformation of heart and mind. This is real healing, real Salvation. 2Corinthains 3:18.
7. In fact, some have misunderstood God and His use of law and created an entire legal framework for salvation. Galatians 5:4-6. Exodus 20:18-21. Hebrews 8.
8. What God wants is Love and Friendship not a legal relationship. He will write His law of Love on our hearts Hebrews 8:10.
9. Justification means being set right or put right. When God justifies us, He is rightifying us.
When we as individuals recognize all that Jesus revealed about the Father and are won to trust we open the heart and then we, as individuals, are “set right” or “justified” in our individual relationship with God. We then receive, via the work of the Holy Spirit, the transfusion of Christlikeness! The Holy Spirit takes what Christ achieved and reproduces it in us! His victory over evil, His perfect character of righteousness, His character of love, is downloaded into our hearts and we become like Him. Our thoughts are brought into harmony with His, our desires in union with His, our character renewed to be like His, our motives cleansed to be like His. We live a Christlike life, for it is no longer I, the sinful, selfish me living, but Christ, the lover of others who lives in me! Galatians 2:20. Only in Jesus is this possible. Only in a trust relationship with Him can we ever be justified or set right, because only in Jesus can we know the truth about God, which wins us to trust and then, in that trust relationship, experience the transfusion of His character of love which restores us to His original ideal! PRAISE GOD for what He has done in us!!!! Salvation is NOW!!! 1 John 5:11-13. Luke 13:10-17.
THEREFORE BE RECONCILED TO GOD!!!! 2Corinthians 5:20
True Healing (Salvation) is Loving God, Loving each other and willingness to Forgive!!
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you… Matthew 5:43-48.
See 2Corinthians 5:9-21. What is the connection of these verses with Revelation 14:6-12?
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Courtesy Dr. Tim Jennings and ComeAndReason.com